Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

PlayStation 4 Chat
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PlayStation 4 Chat

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 9 months ago #20407

• NoFX_Caz
That game in Marty's spoiler has Norman Redus in right? I keep seeing it popping up, hopefully it will be better than the god awful Walking Dead game lol

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 9 months ago #20421

• PabsTheGeek
  • Centurian of SCO
I'm I the only one disappointed with Gamescom so far? Mostly Indies (I never buy indy games) and just new videos of games that we know are already coming...

So far I'm disappointed with 2014, not only with the PS4 but all gaming in general (I also play on PC)

Although October/November may be better...but I'm bored NOW!

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 9 months ago #20498

My copy of Metro Redux arrived yesterday & I've had a good few hours with it since then. Great looking game (I'm only on Metro 2033 at the moment) and, with it running at 60FPS, it is buttery smooth to play. I can understand that people were frustrated with the stealth sections in the original version, as even with the updated gameplay, it can be quite unforgiving.
I had a really strange crash while playing it today - the actual system software crashed, yet the game continued to run! Then when I eventually did have to reset the machine and reload the game, it couldn't find my save file! Weird one that!

Marty

DON'T GET BITTER - GET BETTER!

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 8 months ago #20507

Not too much to report from the pre-TGS press conference. Resident Evil Revelations 2 confirmed, the first trailer for Resident Evil (remastered) too. The biggest bit of news that I gleamed from everything is that we will be getting custom themes for both PS VIta and PS4 in the upcoming firmware updates.
They really need to be sorting out the organisation of the Home screen next. I'm getting to the point where going back to games that have not been played for ages is taking forever. I don't get why they didn't just update the XMB for the new console. I love it as a UI, it is fast, organised and easy to understand.

EDIT - A video has been added to THIS article about the PS4 themes, showing what one of them will be like.

Marty

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MartyTheParty.

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 8 months ago #20557

• NoFX_Caz
We have all been a little guilty of mocking Microsoft and the Xbone and have all said how ridiculous it is that they are having to buy exclusives in a last ditched attempt to sell consoles.

Now as much as I love Sony, I feel it is their turn for some criticism for being so stupid - Am I the only one who thinks it is ridiculous that Sony have paid for the marketing rights to Destiny?

It is a cross platform game but Sony have paid to block Microsoft from advertising the game. What the hell is up with that? Unless it is a first party exclusive, there shouldn't be deals like this, it is damaging to the game industry as a whole.

I mean why do it? Sony has very little to worry about right now, they are selling consoles 2:1 - Is Destiny really that much to worry about? It isn't going to convince people to buy an Xbone if it is also available on the PS4.

Then to make it worse, Microsoft just advertised it anyway, in a real clever backhanded way - making Sony look even more stupid!

/rant
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by NoFX_Caz.

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 8 months ago #20558

I posted about this in the Destiny thread! While I agree that third-party tie ups like this are not good for the industry, I take the opposite view of what Microsoft have done. I feel that is a desperate, desperate move by Microsoft. They might as well have taken out full page adverts screaming "WE ARE STILL A RELEVANT PLATFORM!!!"

Marty

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 8 months ago #20562

• NoFX_Caz
I've kept out of the Destiny thread as it really doesn't appeal to me, my bad.

Buying the marketing rights to a game that isn't exclusive is just stupid, both sides just stink of desperation and I really don't get the point of it, Sony are walking away with this generation, why waste money on something so trivial?

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 7 months ago #20803

Firmware Update 2.0 for PS4 will be dropping on Tuesday. SOURCE

Marty

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 7 months ago #20810

• NoFX_Caz
MartyTheParty wrote:
Firmware Update 2.0 for PS4 will be dropping on Tuesday. SOURCE

Marty

All the details are here mate: playstationscotland.co.uk/index.php/foru...ps4-firmware-updates

Re: PlayStation 4 Chat 2 years, 6 months ago #20829

• NoFX_Caz
Sony have confirmed today they have now sold 13.5 million PS4 consoles, that means sales of 3.3 million in the last 3 months.

Sony also reported that the PlayStation arm made $195 million in the last quarter yet the company as a whole still made a loss of $806 million.

PS Vita, PSP and PS TV sales came in at 700,000 - not too bad considering the PS TV hasn't released outside of Japan yet.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds