Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

PS Vita Mega Pack
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: PS Vita Mega Pack

PS Vita Mega Pack 3 years, 11 months ago #15119

• NoFX_Caz
So today, my new PS Vita Mega Pack arrived after what seemed like the longest wait in history (when you have a vita and no memory card to play it, it is pretty dire)

Where to start? Well it is essentially a bog standard PS Vita memory card like you see in the shops surrounded by a new cardboard sleeve (no effort even went into integrating it into the new sleeve, it is literally the usual card backed memory card with another lump of cardboard wrapped around it)

On the inside you find a small slip of paper with a hidden code on it which unlocks your 10 "free" games. This is now the point that I should tell you that as soon as you redeem the voucher, they start downloading straight away without informing you. Don't start trying to download them all manually like I did because your vita will throw a fit because of the lack of memory which left me rather confused thinking there was a new memory card that was full.

This now brings me onto my second point, the memory. Sony should have gone all out with this pack or not bothered at all. After installing the 10 games and DLC, your card has little over 600mb remaining, not really a good point for someone who is using a vita for the first time and may want to buy other games or install some apps.

You certainly get your money's worth however, an 8gb memory card alone will set you back about £25 so buying the mega pack at RRP of £32.99 (or I managed to pick one up for £25.99 at Zavvi) is a huge saving. You then get 3 high value titles (Little Big Planet, Motorstorm RC and WipeOut 2048) and 6 mini style vita games and 1 psp game (I don't understand that one either but moving on)... One downer is that several of these games included in the pack are actually already free to download on the store so putting them in the pack is a bit pointless.

One extra little bonus and I haven't actually seen this mentioned anywhere (it isn't mentioned on the packaging or any websites I have seen) but when you redeem the code, it also unlocks the PS3 version of Motorstorm RC as well as the Vita version which is a nice little touch.

To sum up this pack, it is good value for money for new users but if you want my advice? Buy it and a 32gb memory card, open the pack, take out the redemption code slip and sell the unopened 8gb memory card on (or save it for spare), that way you have got your 10 free games and actually have some memory to boot. I wish I had done this personally but a bit late now.

Edit: Ok, there actually isn't enough room on the memory card for all 10 games... I managed to download 9 but when I tried to download the 10th it told me the card didn't have enough space...
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by NoFX_Caz.

Re: PS Vita Mega Pack 3 years, 8 months ago #16093

• laz1973
  • Admin
I've just notice this review mate and you have point out some really good points. Was thinking of getting the boys it but will hold off the now just to see if others will pop up soon or maybe just to get the memory cards lol.

Re: PS Vita Mega Pack 3 years, 8 months ago #16096

• NoFX_Caz
It is a bit of a bargain when you consider you are getting 10 games free with a discounted 8gb memory card... but apart from that it is a bit of a waste of time.

I don't get the mentality of releasing a pack with a memory card and 10 games but having the memory card too small to fit the games on!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds