Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Warframe Chat

Warframe Chat 1 year, 4 months ago #21407

• macxeno
When I first played it, I didn't think much of it but now it's pretty good. It gets updated fairly often and ' hot fixes ' done on the fly.

I'll try my best to describe it,

First off this game is truly FREE TO PLAY.

When the game starts you have to pick a Warframe ( armour ),each with different powers. You have to go through training (tutorial) missions first, picking up a couple of weapons and learning how to use your powers.

After you get to your 'ship' you find that the consoles are inactive and you will be prompted by Lotus or Ordis to do certain missions in order to active said consoles.
Only after you have activated the communication console can you then get or send requests to join squads, trade or just chat.

There is a story arc which is split in to 13 multi-part quests( 2 quests require keys bought from the market place). There are different mission type to do ( spy, extermination, survival etc.). Any normal mission can be redone as often as you like in order to get resources or warframe parts from bosses. Killing a boss for the first time will drop a key that will allow access to the next planet. After killing a boss there is a chance you will be hunted by Stalker. This assassin could strike at anytime on most missions. He is immune to your warframe powers but can be 'killed' with powerful weapons. He has a chance of dropping weapon blueprints and/or mods.
There is also a PVP / TVT section and 3 'trials' that can be done. For the trials an 8 man squad is highly recommended.

As you play the game you will earn credits/affinity(xp)/resources/mods/warframe parts and prime parts.
Credits are used for buying blueprints/ pay the cost of building something in the forge or Dojo. A few low powered weapons can be bought with credits.

If you want a new warframe or weapon right away then you need to pay with Platinum.
There is 2 ways to get Platinum, 1) trade for it or 2) pay real money ( 170Pl = £7.39).
If your completely nuts you can buy 3125Pl and 3 rare mods for £109.99. HOWEVER there is a free PS+ DLC (one time only) that has about 100Pl and 100,000 Cr. in it.

To trade for platinum, you sell unwanted rare mods/void keys or prime parts. A maxed out rare mod could net you 100 - 200 platinum. You would use the platinum to warframe and weapons slots ( you start the game with 2 warframe and 8 weapon slots).
Unlike other game where prime items are locked behind a paywall, in Warframe they are not. In the time I have played this game I have built 5 prime weapons and 4 prime warframe without spending any real money.

At this time there are 3 of us who play on a daily basis. We have a clan dojo with ALL the research done for weapons and warframes (5 of).

There is more to this game than I have written here, any question about the game feel free to ask.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by macxeno. Reason: typo

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year, 3 months ago #21441

• macxeno
Having watched the latest Prime Time and Dev Stream, I can say that I'm looking forward to the next update. The update (18.5) will be a big one (about 5GB) and should be released near the end of March.

The update will include the following...

Shadow Debt missions - These missions are a follow up to the Second Dream Quest. They will introduce new enemies, new mods and new weapons. These missions will be time limited.

Sands of Inaros Quest - Access to this mission is by a key bought from Bala Ka'ter, the Void Trader. Completing this quest will gain you the new warframe Inaros. This quest will also introduce new enemies.

There will be 3 other weapons available to build. These will be mutated versions of weapons already in the game and will have their own unique stats and features.

A new landing craft will also be available to buy or build. This craft will have the ability to drop sentry guns during battles.

All above weapons/frame/mods/craft CAN BE EARNED just by playing the game or bought for platinum.

Also included in the update will be new moon sectors added to the Earth map (accessible after the Second Dream quest). The will have newly designed spy missions that will be much harder than normal.

The Conclave (PVP) match up system will be getting over hauled. At this time a noob could be placed in a battle against level 5 players, this will not happen after the update.

New mods will be added to Simiaris and the Conclave.

Some sabotage missions will be reworked and made harder but the rewards will be better.

Overall the game will also be getting a bit of a graphical update with new lighting detail and more detail added to the tile sets.

Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by macxeno.

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year, 3 months ago #21500

• macxeno
Easter Sale now on for in-game Platinum. If you want to spend real money here are the discount rates,

170PL was £6.49, now £5.51. Save 15%
370PL was £12.99, now £10.39. Save 20%
1000PL + 1 Rare Mod was £30.99, now £20.44. Save 35%
2100PL + 2 Rare Mods was £57.99, now £34.79. Save 40%
3125PL + 3 Rare Mods Was £109.99 then £61.99, NOW £30.99. Save over 50%

Prices valid till 23:59 on the 6th April.

Platinum can be used to buy anything in-game, weapons, warframes, consumables, mod packs, rush build foundry items and trade for prime parts.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by macxeno. Reason: spelling

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year, 3 months ago #21513

• macxeno
Latest issue of Playstation Official Magazine (No Man's Sky on the cover) has a code for a free weapon ans 3 day credit booster.

It also has a code for a free tank, garage slot and 3 days Premium access in World of Tanks.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by macxeno.

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year, 2 months ago #21518

• macxeno
According to the latest Dev stream, the next update will be released next week

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year, 2 months ago #21542

• macxeno
So the Shadow Debt event has finished and the SCO Clan (ghost) finished in 433rd place, with a total of 54 waves completed. Top placed ghost clan had 506 waves completed. The event highlighted the need for more clan members as the total was the sum of the clan memebers best wave.

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year ago #21567

• macxeno
Version 18.3 is now in development. It will bring a number of bug fixes, warframe passive ablities and nerfs and a couple of new weapons.

Re: Warframe Chat 1 year ago #21587

• macxeno
The Sco clan finished the Rathuum event in 846th place.

Re: Warframe Chat 11 months ago #21606

• macxeno
Summer Sale now on for in-game Platinum. If you want to spend real money here are the discount rates,

170PL was £7.39, Now £4.99. Save 32%
370PL was £14.99, Now £8.99. Save 40%
1000PL + 1 Rare Mod was £39.99, Now £24.99. Save 37%
2100PL + 2 Rare Mods was £79.99, Now £44.99. Save 43%
3125PL + 3 Rare Mods Was £109.99, Now £49.99. Save 54%

Prices valid till 23:59 on the 10th August.

Platinum can be used to buy anything in-game, weapons, warframes, consumables, mod packs, rush build foundry items and trade for prime parts.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds