Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Borderlands 2 Vita
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Borderlands 2 Vita

Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 12 months ago #19963

I got this delivered yesterday and got a good run at it during work last night - made it all the way to The Dust.
Initial impressions are pretty favorable. Graphically, it is pretty much identical to the PS3 version, although it does seem to be a little darker on Vita. I have had some graphics issues, mainly a drop in frame rate when things are getting busy on screen, but that flattens out once the engine load gets under control. I have had several audio issues, only when some of the characters have their wee introduction screen (Ellie, Knuckledragger etc). On a few occasions, the sound has just completely cut out until the character says something. Minor problem and has not impacted the enjoyment of the game so far.
Gameplay wise, it is pretty much the same as the console version. The only difference is the button mapping. With less buttons to play with, Iron Galaxy have mapped L3 and R3 (sprint & melee) to the rear touch pad and L2 and R2 (grenade & action skill) to the bottom corners of the touch screen. These all work really well and after an hour or so, feel perfectly natural. There is also a motion control for your aiming (which you can have on or off), but that's not really my cup to tea so I don't use it. It does seem to work really well, I just don't like it.
I'm just about to head to the Bloodshot stronghold to rescue Roland, so we will see how the game stands up there, ass the action gets quite heavy at times.
So far, I'm pretty impressed. The trade offs made in terms of numbers of enemies and them just exploding in a shower of blood, to get the game running on Vita have not had a negative impact on my enjoyment of the game. The one thing that has pissed me off a little is that there is no unique trophy set for the game! So if, like me, you have already got all of the trophies (and thats the reason you wanted to egt the game) you might feel a bit let down by that. All in all tho, for less than £20, I cant complain.

Marty

DON'T GET BITTER - GET BETTER!
The following user(s) said Thank You: macxeno

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 12 months ago #19965

Well that's it crashed 3 times now in the first section of the Bloodshot Stronghold! I thought that that area would tax the engine quite heavily. I'm gonna leave it there for now (seen as I'm meant to be working & not playing video games! lol).

Marty

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 12 months ago #19968

• PabsTheGeek
  • Centurian of SCO
Crashed 3 times....got pass QA well enough ... lol...

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 12 months ago #19972

Not played much so far crashed once
Controlls not really syren frendly as you need to aim special more than rest
Prob best charcters are comando and mechromancer as these specials do there own thing
Also noticed when talking to hamerlock in sanvtuary his cloths textures took ages to pop in

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 11 months ago #20016

Yeah, they seem to have made some big sacrifices to get the game running properly. Frame rate can take a big hit when the screen gets busy.
I've had quite a few crashes now and I had one where, once I'd reloaded it, the rear touch screen controls would not work! Strange one. Still, great game tho!

Marty

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 11 months ago #20020

• macxeno
I think I'll get this on Tuesday. Even if it crashes the Vita, I'll get some DLC for the PS3 side

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 11 months ago #20022

It seems to be getting worse for crashes as the game goes on. I'm at the Arid Nexus just now and the last bit thru Sawtooth Cauldron was pretty bad for them.

Marty

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 11 months ago #20047

Well, it seems that the further you go in the game, the worse the performance gets! I'm up to Tundra Express on my True Vault Hunter play through and the game engine is really struggling at points. When it is going well, the game plays really really well, but when it is going badly...... Nuff said! lol

Marty

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 11 months ago #20048

• macxeno
Well, I got this and it seems Ok just now. What i have found out is that the DLC is not transfareable. I started the Mechromancer character on the Vita, saved and transfared to the PS3 to do the 'Hunt the Miget' quest with the reward of a 'head skin'.

I completed the mission and got the reward it said I needed the Mechromancer to use, so it was swapped back over to the Vita and it worked.

So I not happy about that

Re: Borderlands 2 Vita 2 years, 11 months ago #20049

I have all the dlc for ps3 and vita keeps telling me it dosent have the dlc needed for my stuff my charecter has
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds